The previous time Deer Lakes beat Mars in boys soccer, some of the current Lancers were in kindergarten.
They surely will remember what happened Tuesday much better.
Chris Skinner scored two goals to lift host Deer Lakes to a 2-1 upset win against Class AA No. 2 Mars in Section 2.
Skinner's goal with 10 minutes left in the first half gave Deer Lakes (6-4, 3-4) a 2-0 lead, and the Lancers held on to deal Mars (10-1-1, 5-1-1) its first loss this season.
The Deer Lakes win ended its 18-game losing streak to Mars. The Lancers had not beaten the Planets since Sept. 23, 2003.
• After allowing two goals in the first 15 minutes, Kiski Area (7-1-1, 5-0-1) stormed back for a 3-2 victory against host Penn-Trafford (3-6, 2-4) in overtime in Class AAA Section 1. Dakota Lange scored the winning goal.
• Sean Gallagher's goal with five minutes remaining gave Class AAA No. 3 Bethel Park (9-2, 5-1) a 2-1 home win against No. 4 Ringgold (9-2, 5-1) in Section 4.
• Dominic Guzzi scored his second goal of the game with 1:37 remaining to keep Valley (6-1-2, 5-0-2) unbeaten in Class AA Section 1 after a 2-1 win against visiting Derry (3-5, 3-4).
• Berk Halper scored seven minutes into the second overtime allowing Shady Side Academy (7-2, 5-1) to beat host Highlands, 2-1, in Class AA Section 2.
• Justin Goodwill and Brian Coyne scored for Class AA No. 4 South Fayette (8-2-1, 5-1-1) in a 2-1 win at Montour (5-4-1, 3-3-1) in Section 5.
• McGuffey (7-3-1, 6-0-1) gained sole possession of first place in Class AA Section 6 with a 3-1 win against Waynesburg (6-4-1, 5-1-1). Aaron Harris scored twice for the host Highlanders.
• Connor Zierden's goal four minutes into the overtime gave Class A No. 1 Sewickley Academy (9-0, 6-0) a 2-1 home win against Riverside (5-3-1, 4-2-1) in Section 5.
• Tyler Pollack of Peters Township shot an even-par 72 to lead a group of 12 who qualified for the WPIAL individual championships after advancing from a semifinal qualifier at Seven Oaks Country Club. Twelve others advanced from each of the other qualifiers at The Links at Spring Church and Cranberry Highlands Golf Course.
• Callie Frey, Annie Baich and Jessie Warshaw earned singles wins to help visiting Mt. Lebanon deal defending WPIAL Class AAA champion Peters Township its first loss, 3-2, in a non-section match. The Indians are 11-1.
• Megan Johnson scored the winning goal with nine minutes left to give visiting Sewickley Academy a 3-2 victory against Ellis School in Class AA.