Shatori Walker-Kimbrough scored 28 points, had 9 steals, 5 rebounds and 3 assists to lead Hopewell to a 45-28 victory against Villa Maria in a PIAA Class AAA first-round girls basketball game Saturday at North Allegheny.
Walker-Kimbrough, a Maryland recruit, has 2,407 points in her career. Teammate Kari Steuer had six points and 10 rebounds for the Vikings (22-4).
Walker-Kimbrough started slowly, scoring just three points in the first quarter. But she picked up things with eight points in the second and third quarters and five more points in the fourth.
Karlee McBride led the Victors (22-4) with 18 points.
• South Park 71, Hickory 44: Three Eagles combined to score 61 points as the WPIAL champions rolled to a convincing first-round victory against Hickory at Baldwin.
Allison McGrath led South Park (24-2) with 22 points. Shelby Lindsay and Halie Torris added 20 and 19 points, respectively. Torris had five 3-point field goals.
Niki Arbanas led Hickory (21-5) with 21 points.
• Blackhawk 86, Bradford 46: The Cougars' Chassidy Omogrosso and Halle Denman combined to outscore Bradford in a first-round game at Pitt-Bradford.
Omogrosso led all scorers with 25 points. Denman, who scored 24 points, also had 8 assists and 7 steals. Alexis Graham had 14 points and eight rebounds for the Cougars (25-1).
• Elizabeth Forward 51, Central Valley 44: Dana Buck scored 14 of her team-leading 19 points in the second half to lead the WPIAL runners-up to a first-round victory.
Natalie Fekula added 11 points for Elizabeth Forward (24-3). Seairra Barrett had a game-high 22 points for Central Valley (18-6).
• Forest Hills 46, Hampton 43: Hampton's Sara Pilarski led all scorers with 16 points and had 11 rebounds, but the Talbots (18-7) fell to Forest Hills in a first-round game at Central Cambria High School.
Casey Gallaher and Caitlyn Gallaher led Forest Hills (20-4) with 13 points each.
• Vincentian 58, Keystone 31: Brenna Wise scored 13 points and had 10 rebounds for the WPIAL champion Royals (26-1) in a first-round victory against Keystone at Gateway.
Ally Bartoszewicz scored all of her seven points in the third quarter and had 11 rebounds.
Courtney Greathouse led Keystone (20-6) with 11 points.
• Serra Catholic 67, Cochranton 43: Megan Sieg scored 14 points and Katie Sieg added 11 more as the WPIAL runner-up Eagles captured an easy victory at Gateway.
Serra (24-3) outscored Cochranton, 19-6, in the first quarter to take control. Abby Clulow led Cochranton (16-10) with 11 points.
• Conemaugh Township 49, Quigley 44: Morgan Dillon scored 12 of her 16 points in the fourth quarter, but the Spartans (18-7) came up short in a first-round game at Pitt-Johnstown.
Megan Boyer led Conemaugh Township (22-4) with 21 points.
• Kennedy Catholic 45, North Catholic 36: The Trojanettes made just 5 of 23 field-goal attempts in the first half and were eliminated by the Eagles at Slippery Rock University.
Abby Goetz led North Catholic (15-11) with 15 points. Lauren Wolosik added 11 points.
Alex Ricketts led Kennedy Catholic (23-2) with 17 points.
• Clarion 52, Winchester Thurston 30: Shala Barney scored eight points, but the Bears (13-10) fell to Clarion in a first-round game at Clarion University.