A little more than a week after signing to play football at Pitt, the "Killer Ts" helped the Clairton basketball team begin the WPIAL playoffs with a "W."
Tyler Boyd, Titus Howard and Terrish Webb each scored in double figures, as No. 5 seed Clairton rolled to a 74-38 win against St. Joseph in a Class A first-round game Friday at Chartiers Valley.
Howard scored 16 points, Webb had 12 and Boyd added 10. The trio scored all their points in the first three quarters. Bryon Clifford scored a team-high 21 points for Clairton (14-6), which won the Section 3 championship.
John Arcuri led St. Joseph (9-14) with 29 points. Arcuri finished the regular season as the WPIAL's second-leading scorer with 25.3 points per game.
Clairton led by 14 after one quarter and by 26 at halftime.
Other Class A first round
• Vincentian 106, Western Beaver 73: Nick Miller scored 43 points for Western Beaver (6-15), but it wasn't nearly enough as No. 2 Vincentian (22-1) earned a convincing win at West Allegheny. Ryan Wolf scored 28 points for the Royals, who tallied 64 points in the first half.
• Our Lady of the Sacred Heart 56, Trinity Christian 40: No. 6 OLSH (19-4) raced to a 10-point lead after one quarter and coasted to the win against Trinity Christian (9-14) at Cornell. Cameron Johnson scored 15 points for OLSH, which has won 10 of its past 11 games.
• Monessen 60, Sewickley Academy 52: Clintell Gillaspie scored 14 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter to lead No. 7 Monessen (10-13) to a victory against Sewickley Academy (8-13) at Keystone Oaks.
• North Catholic 55, Rochester 48: No. 3 North Catholic (15-5) edged Rochester (7-16) at North Allegheny. The Trojans have won seven of their past eight games.
• Union 78, Quigley 60: Markel Peace poured in 31 points for No. 4 Union (17-5) in a win against Quigley (11-12) at Aliquippa. Union outscored Quigley, 32-22, in the fourth quarter.
Class A preliminary round
• Mapletown 49, Leechburg 29: Kevin Ridgley had four 3-pointers in his 22-point performance to help Mapletown (7-16) beat Leechburg (8-13) at Chartiers Valley. The Maples will play No. 1 seed Lincoln Park next.
Class AAA preliminary round
• Kittanning 77, Yough 56: Kittanning (19-4) earned a playoff win for the first time since 1984 by beating Yough (8-15) at Gateway. Sterling Henry scored 23 points for the Wildcats, who have won six of their past seven games.
• Knoch 52, Mount Pleasant 40: Knoch (12-11) picked up its first playoff win since 2006 by defeating Mount Pleasant (13-10) at Highlands. Knoch's Austin Miller scored 18 points, including four 3-pointers.
• Indiana 59, Elizabeth Forward 56: Riley Stapleton scored 10 of his 15 points in the fourth quarter to propel Indiana (17-6) to the win against Elizabeth Forward (12-11) at Yough. It was Indiana's first playoff win since 2006. Indiana outscored the Warriors, 25-15, in the fourth quarter.
• South Park 67, Steel Valley 60: Ryan Smider scored 18 points to help South Park (13-9) outlast Steel Valley (12-9) in double overtime at Peters Township. South Park outscored Steel Valley, 14-7, in the second overtime and finished 26 of 43 from the free-throw line.