Bethel Park snapped an 11-game losing streak to Mt. Lebanon when the Black Hawks won Jan. 3 at home.
The Blue Devils started a new streak Monday.
Class AAAA No. 2 Mt. Lebanon (17-2, 8-1) led by 15 points after three quarters and cruised to a 49-35 home victory against top-ranked Bethel Park (16-2, 9-1) in Section 4.
Alex Ventrone led the Blue Devils with 11 points, while Christine Ehland chipped in 10.
Mt. Lebanon hit 9 of 12 free throws in the fourth quarter to close out the game.
Bethel Park leading scorer Megan Marecic picked up three fouls in the first quarter and had just four points in the first three quarters. She finished with 14 points before fouling out with about three minutes left.
Other top girls games
• With the help of technical foul on West Mifflin (7-10, 6-3), Belle Vernon (13-4, 7-2) hit four free throws with 0.7 seconds remaining to send the game into overtime, and the Leopards went on to win, 64-58, in Class AAA Section 4. Belle Vernon's Kaitlyn Slagus had 17 points and 26 rebounds and Jessica Slagus added 15 points and 18 rebounds.
• Sierra Perlik scored 22 of her game-high 28 points in the second half to help Quaker Valley (11-6, 7-3) rally past visiting South Fayette (9-6, 5-4), 47-43, in Class AAA Section 5. The Quakers trailed by five entering the fourth quarter.
• Upper St. Clair guard Diandra Conwell missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer as Class AAAA No. 3 North Allegheny (15-2) escaped with a 40-37 non-section victory against the host Panthers (8-9). Taylor Lake and Abby Gonzales led the Tigers with 10 points apiece.
• Sammie Weiss had 20 of her 33 points in the first half to lead Class AA No. 5 McGuffey (16-1, 9-0) to a 71-36 victory against Charleroi (13-6, 8-1) in a matchup of the top two teams in Section 5.
Wolosik sets school record
• North Catholic senior Lauren Wolosik had a school-record 44 points in a 69-37 win for the Class A No. 3 Trojanettes (12-7, 9-1) against Eden Christian (11-6, 6-3) in Section 2. Wolosik scored 20 points in the first quarter and 31 in the first half. She also added 13 steals and 10 rebounds. Wolosick broke the previous record of 43 points by Molly Rottmann (formerly Molly Larkin) in the 1988-89 season. Rottmann is the Trojanettes coach.
Stars of the night
• Taylor Pompei of Bentworth (6-12, 3-7) had 23 of her 39 points in the first half in a 65-36 victory against Burgettstown (1-16, 1-8) in Class AA Section 5. Pompei had six 3-pointers.
• Ayana Vaughn scored 31 points to lead visiting Beaver Falls (10-8, 8-2) to a 56-42 win against Riverside (9-8, 6-3) in Class AA Section 2.
• Jenna Lucas had 16 of her 33 points in the second quarter to help Fort Cherry (7-8, 4-5) to a 56-36 victory against host Wilkinsburg (0-14, 0-10) in Class AA Section 4.
Girls hot shots
• Players who made four or more 3-pointers: Karly Mellinger, Greensburg Salem, 6; Taylor Pompei, Bentworth, 6; Sierra Perlik, Quaker Valley, 6; Courtnee McMasters, California, 5; Ayana Vaughn, Beaver Falls, 5; Jenna Lucas, Fort Cherry, 5; Kayla Yorko, Jefferson-Morgan, 4; Miranda Heaney, Union, 4; Chassidy Omogrosso, Blackhawk, 4; Lexi LoNero, Winston Thurston, 4.
Top boys games
• Dom DelGreco scored 15 points to lead Class AA No. 3 Seton-LaSalle (16-2) to a 57-46 home victory against Class AAA Section 4-leading Thomas Jefferson (12-6).
• Josh Wise scored a game-high 30 points to lead visiting Washington (13-5) to a 67-43 non-section victory against South Fayette (10-6).mobilehome - hsbasketball