For the second game in a row, South Park found itself in an early three-run hole.
But for the second game in a row, the Eagles found a way to get out of it and stay unbeaten.
Nick Yobbi drove in the go-ahead run with a triple in the sixth inning and South Park held on to defeat District 5 champion Somerset, 7-5, in a PIAA Class AAA first-round game Monday at Upper St. Clair.
South Park (25-0), which rallied from three runs down to beat Hopewell in the WPIAL final, gave up three runs to Somerset in the first, but scored three in the bottom half to tie the score.
Somerset went ahead again, 4-3, in the third, but South Park scored once in the fourth and fifth to regain the lead.
The score was tied, 5-5, in the sixth before Yobbi's triple. Yobbi then scored on a wild pitch.
South Park's Shane Fetsko went 2 for 4 with two RBIs. Carter Grote went 2 for 2 with an RBI.
Yobbi, who finished with two RBIs, pitched 22/3 innings to pick up the win.
Other Class AAA
• Keystone Oaks 4, Slippery Rock 0: Jared Skolnicki fired a no-hitter and struck 11 to lead Keystone Oaks (19-5) to its first PIAA playoff win in school history by defeating District 10 champion Slippery Rock at Jerry Uht Stadium in Erie.
• Punxsutawney 5, Hopewell 4: The Vikings (20-5) let a 4-0 fifth-inning lead slip away in a loss to District 9 champion Punxsutawney at Berwyn Park in St. Marys. The Chucks scored three runs in the sixth to take the lead. Hopewell's Logan Johnston hit a two-run home run.
• Seneca Valley 13, DuBois 6: The Raiders (19-4) tied a season-high with their run total and set up a WPIAL championship rematch with North Allegheny by defeating District 9 champion DuBois at Berwyn Park.
• Beaver 10, Karns City 0: Austin Logan was the winning pitcher and also homered in leading WPIAL champion Beaver (18-3) to a six-inning win against District 9 champion Karns City at Pullman Park in Butler.
• Quaker Valley 6, Saegertown 5: Adam Pilewicz's pinch-hit single in the sixth gave Quaker Valley a 6-2 lead and the Quakers (22-1) held on to defeat District 10 champion Saegertown at Jerry Uht Stadium.
• Shady Side Academy 3, Blairsville 1: Chris Sawicki and Evan Eisner had RBI singles in the eighth to lift the Indians (16-8) to a win against District 6 champion Blairsville at First Commonwealth Stadium in Homer City.
• Johnsonburg 5, Western Beaver 0: The Golden Beavers (18-3) were the only WPIAL champion to lose, falling to District 9 runner-up Johnsonburg at Pullman Park. Winning pitcher Cole Peterson struck out 13.
• Our Lady of the Sacred Heart 1, Cochranton 0: Preston Falascino pitched a two-hitter with nine strikeouts to help the Chargers (20-3) edge District 10 champion Cochranton at Jerry Uht Stadium.
• California 8, Elk County Catholic 0: Brian Fisher pitched a six-hitter and Michael Luketich hit two triples in helping the Trojans (19-5) defeat the District 9 champions at Brookville.mobilehome - hsbaseball