• Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh is holding an art show and bake sale featuring items created by adults with disabilities from 8 to 9:30 a.m. and 2 to 6 p.m. Thursday at its Homestead location, 1800 West St. Call 412-368-4400 ext. 2297.
• White Oak American Legion Post 701, Capitol and Pennsylvania avenues, is hosting a veterans' health and information fair from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Slated to attend are representatives from veterans centers, Veterans Taxi and other agencies. Also available: flu shots and blood pressure screenings. Call 412-523-0911.
• Latrobe Area Hospital Aid Society is holding a gift sale from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday in the Little Shop corridor of Excela Latrobe Hospital. Call 724-689-0206.
• Susan G. Komen for the Cure is sponsoring Pittsburgh Paws for the Cure dog walk at 9 a.m. Sunday in the concert area of Hartwood Acres, Hampton. The cost is $25, $15 for youth, and the deadline is 1 p.m. Tuesday. Included are several contests at $5 apiece or $10 for three. Online registration will close at 1 p.m. Tuesday. For more information, call 412-342-0500.
• The Auxiliary of Mon-Vale Health Resources is presenting its annual Apple/Fall Festival from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center and the Central Plaza at Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll. For more information, call 724-258-1167.
• UPMC St. Margaret is offering the following flu vaccination clinics to folks 18 and older. The cost is $15, free for those age 65 and older and for individuals with chronic health conditions.
-- 9 to 11 a.m. Thursday and Oct. 10, New Kensington Family Health Center, Suite C, 301 11th St. Call 724-334-3640.
-- 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Neil Y. Van Horn Pavilion, UPMC St. Margaret, near Aspinwall. Call 412-784-5160.
• VA Butler Healthcare is sponsroing a flu clinic and health fair for veterans from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday at VFW No. 894, 894 Veterans Lane, Harrison. Call 724-285-2223.
• North Huntingdon is offering flu shots to Westmoreland County residents from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at its Town House, 1279 Center Highway. The cost is $26, payable by insurance or Medicare Part D. Call 724-863-3806.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital is offering flu shot clinics from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. & 3 to 5 p.m. Oct. 9 at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. The cost is $25, free for those 65 and older with insurance. Registration is required. Call 724-274-5202.
• To find a blood drive near you call:
-- The Central Blood Bank, 412-209-7000 or 1-800-310-9551.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring a blood drive from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. Call 724-274-5202.
• The PriorityCare program of Allegheny Valley Hospital, Harrison, is sponsoring "Early Detection & Treatment of Lung Cancer: The Thoracic Surgeon's Role" at 6 p.m. Tuesday in its Charles W. Young Conference Center at the hospital in Natrona Heights. Speaker is Lana Schumacher, thoracic and cardiac surgeon at the hospital. To register, call 412-330-4469.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring "Innovations -- Diabetic Foot Care and Wound Care" at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center of Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll, as part of MVH's Innovations in Medicine series. Speaker is podiatrist Richard A. Young. To register, call 724-258-1333.
• Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes at Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- Sibling Class, for older children ages 2-7 of expectant parents, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Memorial Conference Center, ground floor. Participants should bring a doll or stuffed animal for role play.
-- Breastfeeding Success, 7 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday,conference room D, first floor.
-- Childbirth and Beyond, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday; or 7 to 9:30 p.m. three consecutive Mondays beginning next Monday, Memorial Conference Center.
-- Family and Friends CPR, 6 to 9 p.m. Oct. 8, conference room D.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring the following classes.
-- Smoking cessation program, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays from Tuesday to Oct. 22, Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville, 25 Smita Lane. Cost: $20; free to Primary Care Resource Center patients, MVH employees and anyone with a referral from an MVH-affiliated primary care physician. Space limited, registration required. To register, call 724-258-1932.
-- Baby Care Class, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. next Monday, Mon-Vale HealthPLEX, 800 Plaza Drive, Rostraver. For more information, call 724-258-2229 ext. 25.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring the following classes at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. To register, call 724-274-5202 unless otherwise indicated.
-- Dining with Diabetes, 1 to 3 p.m. Thursdays from Thursday to Oct. 24. A three-month post-class follow-up is to be scheduled. Cost $40 per person or $55 per family, free for those using Medicare and Medicaid.
-- Basic life support for Healthcare Providers, including CPR renewal, 5 to 9 p.m. next Monday. Cost: $35 per student, includes required manual. Space limited to eight.
-- "Look Good ... Feel Better," 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 8. Preregistration is required. Call 1-800-227-2345. Presented in cooperation with the American Cancer Society.
• St. Clair Hospital, Mt. Lebanon, on cooperation with Gilda's Club, is offering the following sessions as part of a workshop for cancer survivors from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Mondays in the Dunlap Conference Center on the fourth floor. The deadline is next Monday. To register, call 412-338-1919.
-- "Get Back to Wellness: Take Control of Your Survivorship," Oct. 21.
-- "Exercise for Wellness: Customized Exercise, Oct. 28.
-- "Emotional Health and Well-Being: From Patient to Survivor," Nov. 4.
-- "Nutrition Beyond Cancer," Nov. 11.
-- "Medical Management Beyond Cancer: What You Need to Know," Nov. 18.
-- "Moving Beyond Treatment: Next Steps Toward Survivorship," Nov. 25.
• Self Help Group Network, a service of PA 2-1-1 Southwest, provides a database of support groups. Call 412-255-1155.