• The Southwestern Pennsylvania chapter of the American Red Cross is sponsoring a CPR/AED instructors' class for professional rescuers and health care providers from 6 to 9:30 p.m. Wednesday and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 7 at its Downtown headquarters, 225 Blvd. of the Allies. The course includes online content and classroom segments. The cost is $500. Call 1-888-733-2767.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring Family & Friends CPR from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. The cost is $12, which includes a student workbook, and space is limited to 12. To register, call 724-274-5202.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources, in conjunction with Valley Health and Safety Training Center, is sponsoring an Infant and Child CPR Class from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center of Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll. The cost is $40, and advance registration is required. Call 724-684-9536.
• UPMC McKeesport is hosting diabetes screenings from 3 to 5 p.m. Thursday and Friday at its Outpatient Center at Forest Hills, Suite 120, 2020 Ardmore Blvd. For more information, call 412-636-5333.
• To find a blood drive near you call:
-- The Central Blood Bank, 412-209-7000 or 1-800-310-9551.
-- The American Red Cross, 1-800-448-3543. For bloodmobile locations, check http://www.redcrosslife.org.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources, in conjunction with the American Red Cross, is sponsoring a blood drive from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center of Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll. Call 724-494-4090.
• Self Help Group Network, a service of PA 2-1-1 Southwest, provides a database of support groups. Call 412-255-1155.health