• The Auxiliary of Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring an ice cream social from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center of Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll. For more information, call 724-258-1167.
• Excela Health is holding a hunter heart check from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday at Gander Mountain, 1040 Town Square Drive, Hempfield. Screenings include blood pressure, body mass index, blood sugar and EKGs. A foot evaluation also is to be available. An eight-hour fast is recommended for lab work. Pre-registration is requested. The first 150 registrants receive a RealTreet T-shirt. Call 1-877-771-1234.
• To find a blood drive near you call:
-- The Central Blood Bank, 412-209-7000 or 1-800-310-9551.
-- The American Red Cross, 1-800-448-3543. For bloodmobile locations, check http://www.redcrosslife.org.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital is holding a blood drive from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. Call 724-274-5202.
• Passavant Hospital Foundation is presenting "I'm Having a Senior Moment!" at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Cranberry Senior Center, Cranberry Township Municipal Building, 2525 Rochester Road. Speaker is Betty Robinson, a gerontology educator with the Aging Institute of UPMC Senior Services. Call 412-367-6640.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources, in conjunction with Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC, is sponsoring a bariatric surgery information session at 6 p.m. Wednesday at its Mon-Vale HealthPLEX, 800 Plaza Drive, Rostraver. Speaker is Dr. Carol McCloskey. To register, call 412-641-3632 or 412-802-8299.
• Excela Health, in cooperation with Westmoreland Mall, off Route 30, is holding its monthy Mall Walkers program at 8:30 a.m. Thursday at the mall. Ron Ott, Excela Health senior vice president for community and government relations, is sharing results of the Community Health Needs Assessment recently conducted by Excela Health and the United Way of Westmoreland County. Also appearing is Erin Centofanto of Excela Health's Well-Being Center. A continental breakfast is also being served. Doors open at 8 a.m. Call 1-877-771-1234.
• The Center for Professional Growth at the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg is offering Mental Health First Aid Certification from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday at Westmoreland Case Management, 770 E. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg. The cost is $55, $35 for peers and family members. Continuing education credits is available for $27.50. Call 724-837-1808 ext. 1712.
• Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes in the Memorial Conference Center, on the ground floor of Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- Your Changing Body for Girls, for girls ages 9-13 and their parents or guardian, 6 to 8 p.m. Friday.
-- Car Seat Safety, 7 to 9:30 p.m. Aug. 27.
• The Southwestern Pennsylvania chapter of the Red Cross is sponsoring the following safety classes on Sunday at its Butler County office, 312 Mercer St., Butler, unless otherwise indicated. Call 1-888-733-2767.
-- Babysitters Training, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Downtown headquarters, 225 Blvd. of the Allies. Cost: $85.
-- Adult CPR/AED, 9 a.m. to noon. Cost: $70.
-- Adult first aid/CPR/AED, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Cost: $90.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring the following classes at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. Registration required.
-- Joslin Diabetes Center's Self-Management Education one-day class, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Call 724-367-2400. Space limited to 20.
-- Basic life support for health care providers, including CPR, 5 to 10 p.m. next Monday. Cost: $50, required student workbook included. Call 724-274-5202. Space limited to eight.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a breastfeeding class from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. next Monday at its Mon-Vale HealthPLEX, 800 Plaza Drive, Rostraver. For more information, call 724-258-2229 ext. 25.
• Self Help Group Network, a service of PA 2-1-1 Southwest, provides a database of support groups. Call 412-255-1155.
• Excela Health is offering the following classes. The deadline is Aug. 30 unless otherwise indicated. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- Camp Kickbox, eight weeks, 5 p.m. Thursdays beginning Sept. 5, auditorium A, first floor, Latrobe Hospital and Fridays beginning Sept. 13, Memorial Conference Center, ground floor, Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg.
-- Low Impact Aerobics, eight weeks, 4:30 p.m. Mondays begining Sept. 9, Westmoreland Hospital. Registration requested by next Monday.
-- Basic Yoga, for those who have participated in yoga before, eight weeks, 5:30 p.m. Thursdays beginning Sept. 5, auditorium A, first floor, Latrobe Hospital; five weeks beginning Sept. 12, first floor conference rooms, Westmoreland Hospital; and four weeks, 4:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays beginning Sept. 16, conference rooms B/C, first floor, Frick Hospital, Mount Pleasant Borough.
-- Gentle Yoga, five weeks, 6:30 p.m. Thursdays beginning Sept. 12, first floor conference rooms, Westmoreland Hospital.
-- Zumba, seven weeks, 4 to 5 p.m. and 5 to 6 p.m. Thursdays beginning Sept. 25, Memorial Conference Center, ground floor, Westmoreland Hospital. Deadline: Sept. 11.