• The United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation is holding an Awareness Night to honor and acknowledge individuals and families affected by mitochondrial disease throughout the region during the Pirates game against the Cincinnati Reds at 7 p.m. Sept. 20 at PNC Park. Space may be limited. A portion of all ticket sales goes to the foundation. Call 1-888-317-8633.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a bone density screening 1-3 p.m. Wednesday at its Healthy Directions health resource center, Finleyville Giant Eagle, 3701 Brownsville Road, Union. Walk-ins are welcome. Call 724-348-6699.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring "Emergency Safety Tips for Children and Grandchildren" at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center of Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll, as part of its "Innovations in Medicine" series. To register, call 724-258-1333.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring the following programs at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer:
-- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Solutions seminar, 2-4 p.m. Wednesday. To register, call 1-800-978-0231. Space limited to 30.
-- Refusing to Hide: We're Here to Help You Understand & Live with Psoriasis, 6-7 p.m. Thursday. To register, call 724-274-5202.
• The PriorityCare program of Allegheny Valley Hospital, Harrison, is sponsoring "Coping with Sleep Apnea" at 6 p.m. next Monday in its Charles W. Young Conference Center. Speaker is otolaryngologist Richard Bernat, who is being joined by Robert Butler and Michelle Walter from AVH's sleep lab. For reservations, call 724-226-7339.
• Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes at Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- Breastfeeding Success, 9-11:30 a.m. Saturday, Memorial Conference Center, ground floor.
-- Family and Friends CPR, 6-9 p.m. Aug. 13, conference room D, first floor.
• Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh/UPMC is sponsoring the following classes from 7-8:30 p.m. at its Pine Center. Registration is required. Call 412-692-7105.
-- Alone at Home, Thursday. Cost: $10 per family.
-- The Happiest Baby on the Block, Aug. 13. Cost: $35 per couple.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring a class in basic life support for health care providers, including CPR certification renewal, 5-9 p.m. Aug. 13 at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. The cost is $30 per student, which includes required workbook, and space is limited to eight. To register, call 724-274-5202.
• Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is hosting a Bowka Fitness class, based on South African war dancing, kickboxing and sign language, at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at its Downtown branch, 612 Smithfield St. Call 412-281-7141.
• Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC, Oakland, is offering prenatal yoga classes 6-7 p.m. Mondays from next Monday to Sept. 23. The cost is $60, and registration is required. No class is being held Sept. 2. For more information, call 412-802-8299.