• VA Butler is hosting an annual Welcome Home Event for Veterans noon-6 p.m. Saturday as part of the Fort Armstrong Folk Festival in Riverfront Park, Kittanning. VA staff is to be present to provide VA health care and benefit information, as well as information about special programs, enrollment, education and employment opportunities and more. Call 724-285-2493.
• The Spina Bifida Association of Western Pennsylvania will hold its annual Summer Festival 1-8 p.m. Aug. 10 at Blueberry Hill Park, Franklin Park. Tickets are $10; free for children 5 and younger. Reservations are recommended. Call 724-934-9600.
• Court Appointed Special Advocates of Westmoreland Inc. is holding its annual CASA Golf and Tennis Tournament Aug. 23 at the Latrobe Country Club, 346 Arnold Palmer Drive, Unity. Registration for the golf portion begins at 9 a.m., with the tournament starting at 10 a.m. and a skills competition throughout the day. The golf package costs $200 per person or $800 per foursome, with registration limited to the first 100 golfers. The tennis tournament, $100 per person, begins at noon. Following the golf and tennis tournament will be a 3:30 p.m. cocktail hour and 4 p.m. dinner and silent auction; for non-participants, the dinner costs $75. Sponsorship packages are also available. The deadline for sponsorships is Thursday; for registration, Aug. 9. 724-850-6874.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital, in conjunction with Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, is offering a Medicare Solutions Seminar 6-8 p.m. Tuesday in its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, Frazer. Space is limited to 30. To register, call 1-800-978-0231.
• Kidney Smart Classes are being held 2-4 p.m. Thursday and every first Thursday of each month until the end of the year in the conference room of the North Side DaVita Dialysis Center, 930 Madison Ave. Call 412-770-7210.
• Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC is sponsoring the following classes. Registration is required. Call 412-692-7105.
-- The Happiest Baby on the Block, 7-8:30 p.m. Thursday, UPMC South, Bethel Park. Cost: $35 per couple.
-- Babysitting 101, 9:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Pine Center. Cost: $35.
• Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes in the Memorial Conference Center, on the ground floor of Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg, except where indicated. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- Breastfeeding Success, 7-9:30 p.m. Thursday, conference room D, first floor, Westmoreland Hospital.
-- Childbirth and Beyond, 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Saturday or 7-9:30 p.m. three consecutive Mondays beginning next Monday.
-- Sibling Class, for older children ages 3-8 of expectant parents, 6-8 p.m. Aug. 6. Participants should bring a doll or stuffed animal for role play.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a Baby Care Class 6:30-9:30 p.m. next Monday at its Mon-Vale HealthPLEX, 800 Plaza Drive, Rostraver. Call 724-258-2229, ext. 25.
• Excela Health is sponsoring the following yoga classes beginning next Monday. Registration is required. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- Seven-week class, 9:30 a.m. Mondays, Memorial Conference Center, ground floor, Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg.
-- Four-week class, 5:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, conference room B/C, first floor, Frick Hospital, Mount Pleasant Borough.