• Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh is sponsoring its annual "Girls' Night Out" fundraiser Tuesday at the Hollywood Theater, 1449 Potomac Ave., Dormont. The doors open at 5:30 p.m. for shopping and dining; the movie "Wait Until Dark," starring Audrey Hepburn, starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets cost $35. Call 412-368-4400, ext. 2208.
• Westmoreland Hospital Auxiliary will hold its annual Shred It! Shred-A-Thon fundraiser 9 a.m.-noon Saturday at Greensburg Garden and Civic Center, 931 Old Salem Road, in conjunction with the Greensburg Garden Center's May Mart Plant Sale. Information: 724-289-0928.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is offering a bone density screening 1-3 p.m. Wednesday at its Healthy Directions health resource center, Finleyville Giant Eagle, 3701 Brownsville Road, Union. No appointments necessary. Information: 724-348-6699.
• The American Liver Foundation is sponsoring screenings for hepatitis C 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays through May 18 at pharmacies located in the following Giant Eagle stores in recognition of Hepatitis Awareness Month. Call 412-434-7044.
-- Bethel Park, South Hills Market District, 7000 Oxford Drive.
-- Monroeville, 4010 Monroeville Blvd.
-- Pine, Market District, 155 Towne Centre Drive.
-- Robinson Market District, 100 Settlers Ridge Center Drive.
• The PriorityCare program of Allegheny Valley Hospital, Harrison, is hosting "Coping With Sleep Apnea" at 6 p.m. Wednesday in its Charles W. Young Conference Center. For reservations, call 724-226-7339.
• Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh/UPMC is sponsoring "Alone at Home" from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at its Pine satellite center. Registration required. The cost is $10 per family. Call 412-692-7105.
• Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes at Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg, unless otherwise indicated. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- Childbirth and Beyond, 7-9:30 p.m. three consecutive Wednesdays beginning May 1 or 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. May 4, Memorial Conference Center, ground floor.
-- Breastfeeding Success, 7-9:30 p.m. May 2, conference room D, first floor.
-- Highmark Osteoporosis Prevention & Education, four weeks, 5 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays beginning May 7, cafeteria conference rooms, ground floor, Latrobe Hospital. Free to Highmark members, cost varies for clients of other insurance companies.
• The Allegheny County Health Department is sponsoring a food protection certification course 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. May 3 and 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. May 10 at UPMC McKeesport. The cost is $75, $60 for those who live or work in the county. Call 412-687-2243 or 412-578-8044.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital is offering the following classes at Destination Wellness, at the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills. Registration is required. Call 724-274-5202 except where indicated.
-- Heartsaver First Aid with CPR/AED, two parts, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. May 4. Cost: $35 for one, $50 for both, includes student manual. Space limited to eight.
-- Heartsaver CPR/AED, 1 to 4 p.m. May 4. Cost: $35 for one includes student manual. Space limited to eight.
-- Joslin Diabetes Center's Self-Management Education two-day evening series, 5 to 8 p.m. May 7 and 14. Participants must attend both classes. Fees payable by insurance. Call 724-367-2400. Space limited to 20.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital is offering a four-week Yoga for Beginners class from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays beginning May 2 at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, Frazer. The cost is $25, and registration is required. Call 724-274-5202.
• Excela Health is offering aa seven-week class in low-impact aerobics at 4:30 p.m. Mondays beginning May 6 in conference rooms A and D on the first floor of Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg. 1-877-771-1234.
• The Allegheny County Health Department, in conjunction with Zero Waste Pittsburgh and other organizations, is sponsoring a household chemical collection event from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 4 in the swimming pool parking lot at North Park, McCandless. The charge is $2 per gallon. For more information, including materials being accepted, call 412-488-7452.
-- Compiled by Rick Nowlin