• The Village at St. Barnabas, 5850 Meridian Road, Richland, is presenting "New Year -- New You" at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday as part of St. Barnabas Medical Center's monthly Doc's Talk series. Presenter is M.J. Costello, health care educator with Sysco Foods. Information: 724-443-7231.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a bariatric surgery information session 2 p.m. Wednesday at its Mon-Vale HealthPLEX, 800 Plaza Drive, Rostraver. Presenter is Carol McCloskey. Register at 412-641-3632 or 412-802-8299.
• The PriorityCare program of Allegheny Valley Hospital, Harrison, is presenting "Treatment of Common Spine Problems" at 6 p.m. Jan. 14 in its Charles W. Young Conference Center Presenter is Michael P. Casey. Register at 724-226-7339.
• The Southwestern Pennsylvania chapter of the American Red Cross is sponsoring the following safety classes. Call 1-888-733-2767.
-- Adult CPR/AED, 8-11 a.m. Tuesday or Friday, Downtown headquarters, 225 Blvd. of the Allies; or 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Jan. 12, Butler County office, 312 Mercer St., Butler. $70.
-- Adult first aid/CPR/AED, 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Downtown. $90.
-- Adult and pediatric first aid/CPR/AED, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Butler County; or 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Jan. 15, Downtown. $110.
-- Adult and pediatric CPR, 8-11:30 a.m. Jan. 15. $70.
• Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes at Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- Friends and Family Infant/Child CPR, 6-9 p.m. Tuesday, first floor conference rooms.
-- Infant Care Class, 7-9:30 p.m. Jan. 15 and 22, Memorial Conference Center, ground floor. Participants should bring a doll for practice.
• West Penn Hospital and Forbes Regional Hospital are sponsoring the following childbirth classes at 6:30 p.m. unless otherwise indicated at Babies R Us, 3700 William Penn Highway, Monroeville. Call 724-272-7251.
-- Baby Basics: Getting Ready for Your Newborn, Wednesday. Presented by Children's Community Pediatrics/Bellevue Pediatric Associates.
-- Choking Rescue for Infants, Jan. 16. Presented by Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC.
-- Breastfeeding Basics, Jan. 23. Presented by Children's Community Pediatrics/Bass Wolfson Pediatrics.
-- Breastfeeding Support, 11 a.m. Jan. 30. Presented by La Leche League of Pittsburgh.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a Childbirth Preparation Class from 7-9 p.m. four consecutive Wednesdays beginning Jan. 9 at its Mon-Vale HealthPLEX, 800 Plaza Drive, Rostraver. Register at 724-258-2229, ext. 25.
• The ParentWISE Program of Family Services of Western Pennsylvania, Suite 1, 211 Huff Ave., South Greensburg, is sponsoring a Nurturing Program for parents of adolescents from 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays beginning Jan. 10. Register at 724-837-5410 ext. 704.
• The Alle-Kiski Medical Center is sponsoring a basic life support class for health care providers, including CPR renewal, from 5-9 p.m. Jan. 14 at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, Frazer. $30 per person, which includes required manual. Space limited to eight. Register at 724-274-5202.
• West Penn Hospital, Bloomfield, is sponsoring the following classes presented by Jennifer Holst, associate director of the Joslin Diabetes Center, on Jan. 15 as part of a "West Penn Healthy for You" series. Call 412-330-4469.
-- "Are you in the Driver's Seat when it comes to Your Health?" 1 p.m., hospital campus.
-- "Jump Start Your Activity Plan for a Healthy New Year," 6-7 p.m., LA Fitness, 19 Bakery Square Way, East Liberty.
• Madeline Martucci is teaching the following hatha yoga classes. The cost is $150 and a single class is $11 except where indicated. Late registration may be prorated $11 for a single class. Call 724-337-3750.
-- 5 to 6 p.m. Mondays from today to April 29, The Nuin Center, 5655 Bryant St., Highland Park. Cost: $153, late registrations prorated at $9 per class.
-- 8:45 to 10:15 a.m. Saturdays from Jan. 12 to March 23, Living Spirit Ministry, Swissvale United Methodist Church, 7415 Irvine St. Cost: $110, prorated at $10 per class.
• The Baldwin Library, 41 Macek Drive, Baldwin Borough, is holding beginning classes in t'ai chi from 10 to 11 a.m. Mondays from Jan. 14 to March 4. The cost is $50 and can be paid to the instructor at the first class. The deadline to register is Jan. 11; space is limited to 15. Call 412-885-2255.
• Excela Health is sponsoring an eight-week class in basic yoga, for those who have participated in yoga before, at 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Jan. 31 at Latrobe Hospital. The deadline is Jan. 17. Call 1-877-771-1234.