• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a bone density screening from 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesday at its Healthy Directions health resource center, Finleyville Giant Eagle, 3701 Brownsville Road, Union. No appointments necessary. For more information, call 724-348-6699.
• To find a blood drive near you call:
-- The Central Blood Bank, 412-209-7000 or 1-800-310-9551.
-- The American Red Cross, 1-800-448-3543. For bloodmobile cations, check www.redcrosslife.org.
• Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- Childbirth and Beyond, three weeks, 7 to 9:30 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Jan. 2 or 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Jan. 5, Memorial Conference Center, ground floor, Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg.
-- Breastfeeding Success, 7 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday, first-floor conference rooms, Westmoreland Hospital.
-- "Living With Diabetes, Looking Forward," 10-hour program, 9 a.m. to noon beginning Jan. 8, Latrobe Hospital; 1 to 4 p.m. Jan. 11, 420 Pellis Road Rear, Hempfield; or 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Jan. 19, Frick Hospital, Mount Pleasant Borough. A physician referral is required.
• Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC is offering Baby-sitting 101 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at UPMC East, Monroeville. The cost is $35, and registration is required. Call 412-692-7105.
• The Alle-Kiski Medical Center is sponsoring Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers, including CPR, from 5 to 10 p.m. Jan. 7 at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. The cost is $50, which includes a required student manual. Certification is good for two years. To register, call 724-274-5202.
• The PriorityCare program of Allegheny Valley Hospital, Harrison, is hosting a eight-week smoking cessation program at 7 p.m. Thursdays beginning Jan. 10 in the cafeteria conference room. Registration is required by Jan. 8. Call 724-226-7339.
• Self Help Group Network, a service of PA 2-1-1 Southwest, provides a database of support groups. Call: 412-255-1155.
• Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes on Wednesdays beginning Jan. 23. The deadline is Jan. 9. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- Zumba, eight weeks, 4 to 5 p.m. or 5 to 6 p.m., Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg.
-- Drop 10 in 10, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Corporate Services Center, 134 Industrial Park Road, Hempfield.