- Pitt expert advise healthy lifestyle to build reserves at any age
- Study tries treatment for grief
- Clothing that's a snap to put on
- Comparing nursing homes online
- Older adults can try out retirement while on vacation
- Official sources can help
- Seniors needing help, but also respect
- Dear Doctor: Macular degeneration can be treated
- Avoid pollution while exercising
The Allegheny County Department of Human Services has a special Web site for older adults: http://www.alleghenycounty.us/dhs/olderadults.aspx.
Included are links for information on services, senior centers, transportation, home health and more.
By phone, the county's SeniorLine connects callers to the same services: 412-350-5460. By e-mail: SeniorLine@dhs.county.allegheny.pa.us.
The state Department of Aging Web site has additional information on resources and programs: http://www.aging.state.pa.us.