• Tailgating -- Sunday dinner, Pittsburgh-style.
• On the cookie tables.
• South Fayette's Original Farmers Market still drawing crowds.
• Bell's, a tiny market in Braddock, keeps serving its community.
• Almost ended by a fire, an Easter bread tradition is resurrected in a new church.
• Where we go fish: Wholey's draws hungry crowds, a century after it started as a cart.
• Making sausage: Local Italians gather to preserve meat as well as traditions from the Old Country.
First Published August 6, 2012 4:00 AM
You have 2 remaining free articles this month
Try unlimited digital access
You’ve reached the limit of free articles this month.
To continue unlimited reading
Now there are more ways than ever to stay connected to the news,
sports and entertainment that’s important to you.
Unlimited access includes all of our digital content, such as post-gazette.com, our tablet and smartphone apps, the mobile site, and our two e-editions, PGe and The Pittsburgh Press.