Lights! Camera! Catwalk!
The fourth annual Pittsburgh Fashion Week got underway Monday night at Highmark Stadium, where designers with Pittsburgh ties were featured. The event was the first of several that will span the Steel City through Sunday, when Fashion Week will close with inductions into the Pittsburgh Fashion Hall of Fame at the Omni William Penn Hotel.
Pittsburgh Fashion Week continues today in Market Square from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. with Project Pop Up: Fashion, a free event spotlighting men's and women's looks from Downtown retailers and a couple of the city's fashion trucks. At 7 p.m., the style moves to the Strip District for the "ManStyle" show at the Pittsburgh Winery. Admission is $25. Tickets and more details are at www.pittsburghfashionweek.com.
More from the Pittsburgh fashion and beauty front ...
• Minerva Market open for shopping at Twentieth Century Club: Stock up on jewelry, handbags, books, art, clothing and more at the artist and vendor market from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday in the art deco-style ballroom, 4201 Bigelow Blvd., Oakland. Lunch will be served from noon to 1:30 p.m. in the Art Noveau-style dining room.
Lunch and shopping are $25. Shopping-only access is $10. Book a reservation at 412-621-2353.
• Trunk shows at Larrimor's: Let the Downtown-based retailer revamp your wardrobe. For her, there's haute couture and ready-to-wear pieces from Peggy Jennings (Wednesday and Thursday), classic silhouettes and sensual fabrics from Eileen Fisher (Thursday through Saturday) and versatile apparel with European fabrics in natural fibers or fine linen silks from Nina McLemore (Friday and Saturday).
Information: 412-471-5727 or www.larrimors.com.
Catch a break at Girls Night Out: Stop by the burkeMICHAEL+ showroom at 833 Beech Ave., Allegheny West, from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday for food, fashion and fun. See interior designs, fabrics and wall surfaces from Arc|Com and accessories and apparel from Style Truck.
• Fashion Fix boutique grand opening: Browse the selection of designer merchandise for fall from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at the new shop at 1039 S. Braddock Ave., near the Regent Square Theater. Guests also can sample treats at the dessert bar and enter to win a gift basket.
Information: 412-242-FIXX or www.fashionfixpgh.com.
• Sweet & Spark trunk show at Jules: Shop vintage jewelry for fall while enjoying champagne at a trunk show from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at 4502 Butler St., Lawrenceville. Guests also can receive discounts and a chance to enter a $50 Spark card giveaway.
• Fashion trucks hit the road: Check out some of the boutiques on wheels that have been traveling about the 'Burgh at a fashion truck roundup from noon to 6 p.m. Friday on Oakland Avenue in Oakland.
• Nicole Miller bridal trunk show at Glitter & Grit: Make an appointment this weekend to see gowns not in stock at the boutique at 5300 Butler St., Lawrenceville. On average, gowns range from $1,100 to $3,400.
Call 412-781-2375 or visit www.glitterandgritpgh.com.
For more from PG fashion writer Sara Bauknecht, check out the PG's Stylebook blog at www.post-gazette.com/stylebook. Follow her on Twitter @SaraB_PG. To have a fashion or style event considered for Stylebook, send listing to firstname.lastname@example.org. First Published September 24, 2013 4:00 AM