Duquesne erased an 11-point deficit in the second half to pull out a 63-59 Atlantic 10 Conference victory against George Washington in double overtime Wednesday at Smith Center in Washington.
Wumi Agunbiade led all scorers with 22 points and tied the game high with 13 rebounds. Jocelyn Floyd scored 14 points and made four steals off the bench. Vanessa Abel added 12 points for the Dukes (17-3, 6-0).
The Colonials (8-12, 2-4) were led by Danni Jackson and Sara Mostafa with 17 points apiece and Tara Booker with 13 rebounds. Megan Nipe added 10 points .
The game, Duquesne's first to go double overtime since 2010, had nine ties and 12 lead changes.
Duquesne came out flat in the second half, missing its first 12 field goals. By then, George Washington had built a seven point lead with 16:15 to play. After two Nipe free throws at 12:09, the Colonials had their largest lead of the game, 41-30.
Duquesne would respond with a 16-2 run over the next six minutes to go up by 46-43 with 6:11 left. The Colonials would score the next five points to go up, 48-46, with 1:25 remaining in regulation.
With the score tied at 56-56 with two minutes left in the second overtime, Floyd's layup put Duquesne ahead for good. Jackson's jumper with six seconds left was the only field goal George Washington got down the stretch.
As a team, Duquesne only made 1 of 17 3-pointers for 5.9 percent -- both season lows.
Top 25 games
• Baylor 90, Texas Tech 60: Brittney Griner set the Big 12 women's career scoring record, finishing with 40 points as the top-ranked Lady Bears (19-1, 9-0) defeated the Red Raiders (16-5, 6-3).
• Louisville 78, South Florida 75: Shoni Schimmel scored a career-high 38 points and the No. 12 Cardinals (18-4, 6-2 Big East) rallied to beat the Bulls (14-6, 3-4).
• Dayton 60, VCU 49: Andrea Hoover, Cassie Sant and Olivia Applewhite each notched double-doubles as the No. 17 Flyers (18-1, 6-0 A-10) defeated the Rams (8-13, 1-5).
• Oklahoma 74, TCU 53: Sharane Campbell scored 23 points to help the No. 21 Sooners (16-4, 6-2 Big 12) recover from an early deficit and roll over the Horned Frogs (7-12, 0-8).
• Kansas 78, Iowa State 75: Angel Goodrich scored 24 points as the Jayhawks (13-6, 4-4 Big 12) erased an 18-point second-half deficit and stunned the No. 23 Cyclones (14-5, 5-4) in OT.mobilehome - duquesnesports