• Toast! Kitchen and Wine Bar, Shadyside, is holding a meet and greet tasting event July 13 with new executive chef Daniel Vosler, general manager David McFadden and wine director Holly Scott. The event will feature heavy hors d'oeuvres, a sampling of Toast's featured cocktails and a wine tasting; $85 per person including tax and gratuity. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society; www.toastkitchen-winebar.com, 412-224-2579.
• Kaya, Strip District, will hold its monthly vegetarian dinner July 18. The theme is August in July, as the dry, hot spring has produced an exceptionally early crop of peaches and tomatoes. New executive chef Benjamin Sloan (previously the sous chef at sister restaurant Eleven Contemporary Kitchen) is preparing dishes such as grilled peaches and heirloom tomatoes, roasted tomato veloute and a vegan peach creme brulee; $39 per person, with an optional wine package for $19; www.bigburrito.com/kaya, 412-261-6565.
• Lidia's Pittsburgh, Strip District, is holding a Passport to Italy dinner exploring the region of Puglia, with a four-course menu paired with wine; $80 per person, pre-paid reservations required; www.lidias-pittsburgh.com, 412-552-0150.
• Kous Kous Cafe, Mt. Lebanon, is now serving dinner Wednesdays through Saturdays and lunch Tuesdays through Saturdays; www.kouskouscafe.com, 412-563-5687.
• Up Modern Kitchen has opened in Shadyside, in the space previously occupied by the Walnut Grill. Ron DeLuca, previously chef-owner of Pangea in Shadyside, heads up the kitchen. The restaurant serves eclectic American food and is open for lunch and dinner Tuesday through Sunday.