Here are the cooks that we've heard from who can supply your ready-to-eat turkey or your full Thanksgiving dinner.
Caution: Get your order in early. Some places take only a limited number of requests.
• Boston Market. Call the location nearest you to order. Dinners come with whole turkey or turkey breast or bone-in ham, assorted sides, corn bread and pies. Price depends on what you order. Order now for pickup Thanksgiving or the night before.
• Duranti's Restaurant, Oakland; 412-682-1155. Whole roasted turkey, dressing, giblet gravy, cranberry mold, candied yams, whipped potatoes, rolls and butter, $9.99 per pound; whole roasted turkey with dressing and gravy only, $5.99 per pound; pies $10.99 each. No deadline; pick up Thanksgiving.
• Ferri's Shur Save, Murrysville, 724-327-0921. Roasted 10- to 12-pound turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls and pie. Serves 8 to 10 for $69.95. Deadline is Nov. 20 for pickup on Thanksgiving.
• Fresco's, McCandless, 724-935-7550. Roasted carved turkey, herb bread stuffing, giblet gravy, buttermilk mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, fresh vegetable medley, green beans with mushrooms, cranberry relish, salad, rolls, pie. Serves 8 to 10 for $125; 12 to 14 (includes two pies) for $175; 18 to 20 (three pies) for $225. A deposit is required. Order by Nov. 19 for pickup Thanksgiving.
• G&K Catering, West Mifflin; 412-469-3434. Roasted 14- to 16-pound turkey with stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry salad, rolls and two pies, $93.95; 24-pound turkey with trimmings and four pies, $129.95. Individual dinners $9.95. Extras available. Deadline is Nov. 20 for pick-up on Thanksgiving. Delivery available.
• Giant Eagle markets. 10- to 12-pound cooked Honeysuckle turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, yams and apples, green bean and mushroom casserole, cranberry-orange relish, rolls and pumpkin pie. Serves 6 to 8, $69.99. Call your local store for details.
• Holiday Inn Green Tree, 412-922-8100, ext. 280. Whole turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, corn O'Brien, green beans, cranberry sauce and pie. Serves 6 to 8, $69.95. Deadline is Nov. 16 for pick-up on Thanksgiving.
• Lamplighter Restaurant, Delmont; 724-468-4545. Roasted 10- to 12-pound turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy, 2 small loaves bread and pie, $69.95. Deadline is Nov. 20 for pick-up on Thanksgiving.
• McGinnis Sisters, Monroeville, 412-858-7000, ext. 3, and Brentwood, 412-884-2323, ext. 3. Cooked turkey, stuffing, gravy and cranberry relish. Serves 8 to 10, $70. Full array of side dishes and desserts available. Deadline is Nov. 18 for pickup Nov. 20.
• Neal's Restaurant, 5050 Buttermilk Hollow Road, West Mifflin, 412-466-2662. A 10- to 12-pound roasted turkey, homemade mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green beans almondine, cranberry sauce, rolls or small loaves of bread, apple or pumpkin pie. Serves 8, $69.95. Salads and veggie trays also available. Order by Nov. 17 for pick up on Thanksgiving.
• Piccolo Mondo, Foster Plaza Building Seven, Green Tree, 412-922-0920. A 20- to 22-pound turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, candied yams, green beans, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie. Serves 10 to 12, $175. Deadline is Nov. 16 for pickup Thanksgiving.
• Pines Tavern, Richland, 724-625-2010. Oven-roasted turkey or turkey breast, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, cinnamon baked apples, green beans with carmelized onions, cranberry Mandarin relish, harvest salad, rolls. Serves 12 to 15, $249. Pies available. Deadline is Nov. 14 for pickup on Thanksgiving.
• Rania's To Go, Mt. Lebanon, 412-531-2222. Uncooked turkey, seasoned and ready to roast in a roasting pan, with gravy, $4.25 a pound; extras include stuffings, potato dishes, cranberry mold and relish, vegetables, breads and desserts. Deadline is Nov. 19 for pickup Nov. 21.
• Shadyside Market & Gourmet Deli, Walnut Street, 412-682-5470. Roasted turkey and your choice of 5 stuffings, 17 accompaniments, 12 starters and 9 pies. Priced a la carte. Deadline is Nov. 19 for pick on Nov. 21. Delivery available.
• Shop'n Save markets. Check your local market for take-out.
• Simply Delicious, Fox Chapel, 412-963-0636. Turkey, stuffing, gravy, salad, mashed potatoes or sweet potato casserole, vegetable, roll and dessert. Serves 7, $89.99; for 8 to 12, $129.99; for 13 to 16, $209.99. Deadline Nov. 19 for pick-up on Thanksgiving. Delivery available Wednesday evening.
• Station Brake Cafe, Wilmerding, 412-823-1600. A 22-pound turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, candied yams, mixed vegetables, salad with dressing, rolls, butter, cranberry sauce, pie and Cool Whip. Serves 10 to 12, $155.15. Pick up on Thanksgiving.
• Whole Foods, East Liberty, 412-441-7960. Orders must be placed at the Holiday Table at the store. Free-range, oven-ready uncooked turkey in aluminum pan ($3.99 per pound, in three sizes), stuffing, mashed potatoes, choice of two vegetables, gravy, rolls, cranberry relish, pie. Serves 8, $159.99. Deadline is Nov. 18.
• Woody's Little Italy Restaurant, McKeesport, 412-754-0551. A 14- to 16-pound roasted turkey, stuffing, gravy, herb mashed potatoes, cranberry relish, rolls and pumpkin pie Serves 8 to 10, $99.95. Also: super-size 22- to 24-pound turkey, $129.95. Extras available. Order by Nov. 16 for pick-up on Thanksgiving.
Nancy Anderson can be reached at 412-263-1661 or firstname.lastname@example.org .