Despite Duquesne senior quarterback Sean Patterson's 6-yard touchdown run with 12:39 left Saturday that gave the visiting Dukes a three-point lead, Wagner pulled out a 23-17 Northeast Conference victory.
Senior running back Larry McCoy, Duquesne's all-time leading rusher, finished with 75 yards and became the first player in school history to run for at least 1,000 yards in three different seasons.
Wagner (8-3, 7-1) outgained the Dukes (5-6, 3-5), 333-232.
• Waynesburg 28, Carnegie Mellon 24: In the ECAC Southwest Bowl, host Waynesburg (10-1) got 175 yards rushing from Bertrand Ngampa and 105 from Dominic Moore to beat Carnegie Mellon (6-5).
• Saint Francis 44, Sacred Heart 24: John Kelly's 187 yards on 18 rushes sparked host Saint Francis (5-6) to a win against Sacred Heart (2-9).
• Monmouth 26, Robert Morris 21: Julian Hayes' 143 yards on 22 carries led visiting Monmouth (5-5, 4-3) past Robert Morris (4-7, 3-5) in the NEC. Senior quarterback Jeff Sinclair threw for 268 yards and two touchdowns in the Colonials' season finale.
• Shippensburg 58, Bloomsburg 20: Despite junior running back Franklyn Quiteh's 199 yards rushing on 24 attempts, Bloomsburg (10-2) fell to host Shippensburg (11-1) in the first round of the NCAA Division II playoffs. Junior quarterback Zach Zulli threw for 479 yards and three scores for the Raiders.
• Johns Hopkins 42, W&J 10: Robbie Matey's 302 yards passing was enough for host Johns Hopkins (10-1) to top Washington & Jefferson in an NCAA Division III first-round playoff game. The Presidents' Kevin Mechas passed for 155 yards and a score.sportscollegedistrict