Paris Jackson, daughter of the late Michael Jackson, was getting "appropriate medical attention" after an apparent suicide attempt, a lawyer for the Jackson family said.
Compiled by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Paris Jackson, the daughter of the late Michael Jackson, is recovering after an apparent suicide attempt early this morning.
"Paris is physically fine and getting appropriate medical attention," Sandra Ribera, attorney for Paris's legal co-guardian Katherine Jackson, says in a statement. "Being a sensitive 15 year old is difficult no matter who you are. It is especially difficult when you lose the person closest to you. Please respect her privacy and the family's privacy."
In reporting the statement, People magazine wrote that the teenager slit her wrists and is now stabilized at the hospital, while also noting that that June 25 is the fourth anniversary of Michael Jackson.
Eric George, a lawyer for Paris's mother Debbie Rowe, said in a statement: "We appreciate everyone's thoughts for Paris at this time and their respect for the family's privacy."
Rowe told Entertainment Tonight that Paris was taken from her Calabasas, Calif., family home early Wednesday morning. Paris has had "a lot going on," Rowe told ET. A rep from the L.A. County Fire Department told People magazine that paramedics responded to a 911 call "regarding a possible overdose" at 1:27 a.m. today. According to TMZ, there were also "multiple cuts" on one of Jackson's wrists.
Earlier Wednesday morning, Paris had tweeted a line from The Beatles' hit song, "Yesterday," writing, "Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away now it looks as though they're here to stay."
Rowe, 54, and Paris rekindled their relationship over the past few months, reconnecting at Rowe's horse ranch, Entertainment Weekly reported.
The young woman who was struck by Miguel when the Grammy winner made a flying leap over a crowd at the Billboard Music Awards on May 19 might have suffered a head injury, her lawyer told ABCNews.com. College student Khyati Shah "did suffer a suspected head injury," attorney Vip Bhola said. "At this time, she is seeking further consultation" with medical experts.
Bhola said in the days after the May 19 awards at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, which aired on ABC, Shah "experienced some symptoms" that "didn't abate and became worse." Video of Miguel's performance shows his legs slamming into two women.
After the concert, Miguel was interviewed with Shah beside him, holding an icepack on her elbow.
"It wasn't appropriate treatment," her lawyer said.
The 27-year-old singer later tweeted that he "got caught up in the moment" and said Shah was "OK."
Now that Shah is seeking further medical tests, Bhola said they will wait to see what the results are before discussing the next steps.
"If a lawsuit becomes necessary, we will certainly take that course," he said.