The former Kate Middleton is due to give birth to her first baby in July, and her health is improving after a bout of severe morning sickness, palace officials said Monday, The Associated Press reports.
The child of Kate and Prince William will be third in line to the British throne.
The 31-year-old Duchess of Cambridge, as she is formally known, spent several days in the hospital last month being treated for acute morning sickness.
She has since resumed public appearances and looked healthy at the unveiling of an official portrait last week.
The palace said in a statement that "the duchess's condition continues to improve."
It said the two "are delighted to confirm they are expecting a baby in July."
The announcement by the couple's St. James's Palace office lays to rest speculation that the duchess could be having twins.
The palace would not comment on whether the baby is a boy or a girl. The British government is changing centuries-old succession laws to ensure that a royal daughter will have the same claim to the throne as a son.
Bookmaker William Hill released odds on the name of the royal baby, with favorites including George, Victoria and Diana, all at 10-1.
Robin Roberts is healthy and coming back to television soon, People reports.
"It's a matter of weeks, not months," the "Good Morning America" anchor, speaking from her apartment, told viewers live on Monday's show. "I'm coming home."
Looking healthy and resplendent in purple, an emotional Roberts, 52, said she would be coming to work next week for what she described as a "dry run" -- taking measure of where she goes on set, her stress level in the studio and her skin's reaction to the lights, all in preparation for a full return to the air.
"My last bone marrow aspiration showed no abnormalities -- praise God," Roberts said to the delight of her "GMA" colleagues. "What all this means is, doctors were waiting for this information so that I can begin the process of returning to the anchor chair."
She won't be hosting the program again immediately, but she is working up to that moment when she will -- likely some time in February.
"I haven't been live on television since August," Roberts said. "My heart is beating so fast right now, but it means that I am alive. I am so grateful to be as inspired as I am. I can't wait 'til I get back."
Roberts' visit to the show came amid much excited speculation from fans that her permanent return was imminent. She underwent a bone marrow transplant on Sept. 20 after being diagnosed with a rare blood disorder, myelodysplastic syndrome. She has recently been recovering at home.
The anchor was fortunate that her sister, Sally-Ann Roberts, was not only willing to be her donor but was a perfect match. "I'm so happy. I'm so grateful," said Robin, who also demonstrated Monday that she hasn't lost her sense of humor.
Sporting her shorn look, Roberts noted that when she does her trial run next week, she'll be doing "hair and makeup." Pause. "Well, makeup," she said good-naturedly. "We'll talk about the hair later."
The mystery surrounding Natalie Wood's death continues to be far from over, E! News reports.
Especially in light of a report released Monday by the Los Angeles County Coroner's office that seems to call into question the original 1981 coroner's report that concluded the late star had died accidentally.
The report states "there were recent bruises to the back of the left thigh. A few day old bruises were on the back of the right thigh and knee but there were fresh bruises and scratches to the right posterior leg."
It also notes, "The location of the bruises, the multiplicity of the bruises, lack of head trauma, or facial bruising support bruising having occurred prior to the entry into the water."
Wood was originally believed to have accidentally drowned off the coast of Catalina Island on Nov. 28, 1981. Her husband, actor Robert Wagner, said she had fallen off their yacht, possibly while trying to retie a dinghy that had been banging against the side of the boat, disturbing her sleep.
In 2011, the investigation into her death was reopened after new information surfaced from several sources, including the captain of the yacht.
The Hollywood legend's death certificate was later amended by authorities in August 2012, changing the cause of death from "accidental" to "undetermined."
The latest report, however, does refrain from speculating on what actually happened on that fateful night over 30 years ago.
The musical of "Big Fish" starring two-time Tony Award winner Norbert Leo Butz has reeled in a Broadway theater, the AP reports.
Producers said Monday that the new show will open in early October at the Neil Simon Theatre. Previews begin Sept. 5 following a tune-up in Chicago this April and May.
Five-time Tony Award winner Susan Stroman will direct and choreograph the musical, based on the Daniel Wallace novel and the 2003 Tim Burton-directed film starring Ewan McGregor and Albert Finney. The musical's book will be by John August, who wrote the movie's screenplay.
Butz, last seen opposite Katie Homes on Broadway, will be joined by Kate Baldwin, Bobby Steggert, Krystal Joy Brown and Zachary Unger.
All Hannah Storm wanted to do was cook dinner.
But when the flame on her gas grill blew out -- and she reignited the gas -- there was an explosion.
"You could trace the path of the flames up my neck," the ESPN "SportsCenter" anchor tells People in its new issue. "I could barely speak I was in such pain."
Storm, 50, suffered first-degree burns to her face and neck, and second-degree burns to her hands and chest in the Dec. 11 blast.
With her eyebrows burned off, and hair half gone, she could tell there had been damage to her face -- but didn't know how severe it was.
"I knew intellectually that I'd eventually heal, but one of my first questions to the EMT was, 'How's my face? Will I ever be able to work again?' "
On Jan. 1, just three weeks later, she proved that she could, returning with heavy makeup and hair extensions to host the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif.
"Getting back on air was a huge deal for her," says her husband, sportscaster Dan Hicks. "It was an important step."
The AIDS chronicle "How to Survive a Plague" and the military rape study "The Invisible War" are among nominees for the documentary prize at the Directors Guild of America Awards, the AP reports.
The contenders announced Monday all are first-time nominees for the guild honor, including "How to Survive a Plague" director David France and "Invisible War" filmmaker Kirby Dick.
The other nominees are Malik Bendjelloul's "Searching for Sugar Man," a portrait of 1970s singer-songwriter Rodriguez; Lauren Greenfield's "The Queen of Versailles," the story of a wealthy family's downturn amid the recession; and Alison Klayman's "Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry," an examination of the dissident Chinese artist.
Winners will be announced on Feb. 2 at a Directors Guild dinner.
Wrestler Hulk Hogan has filed a lawsuit against the Tampa-based Laser Spine Institute, saying the clinic did unnecessary surgeries that damaged his career, the AP reports.
The Tampa Bay Times reports that Hogan filed the lawsuit Monday. He filed under his real name, which is Terry Bollea. It seeks damages of $50 million.
In addition to claiming unnecessary surgeries, the lawsuit also says the Laser Spine Institute used an endorsement from Hogan without permission or payment.
The Laser Spine Institute says it is aware of the lawsuit, but to protect patient privacy, it does not want to discuss details of the case.