PEOPLE: Adam Levine, John Mellencamp, Philip Seymour Hoffman and more!
July 21, 2014 10:07 PM
Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
Musician Adam Levine and model Behati Prinsloo tired the knot over the weekend, with actor Jonah Hill officiating.
from Web and wire reports
Jonah Hill brought on the laughs when he officiated Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo’s wedding at Flora Farms in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
While fulfilling his duties during the Saturday evening ceremony, a source told E! News, "Jonah was hysterical. He was telling so many jokes, but then in the middle would be so sweet and sincere."
The “22 Jump Street” star has known Levine for "such a long time," the source added, saying that Hill made sure to mention that the Maroon 5 frontman is a "wonderful guy and has so much to give."
"He also talked about how sweet Behati is and how perfect they are for one another," the source said. One of his jokes revolved around how he and Levine would always skateboard with Robert Downey Jr. and Stevie Nicks when they were kids. "He set up the joke perfectly. His timing was amazing," the source continued. "Everyone was giggling."
In addition to Hill's comedic wedding officiant role, Prinsloo's dad, who is a minister, also gave a blessing during the "loose, romantic and fun" ceremony.
Marchesa confirmed to E! News that Prinsloo's dress was a beautiful lace gown with spaghetti straps and silk tulle from knee to floor. She wore a long veil and changed for the reception into a "long, white sexy number."
Aside from Coco Rocha, the majority of the bridesmaids were Victoria Secret models, and they wore white dresses. Meanwhile, the groomsmen sported black Hawaiian print shirts and black trousers.
During the reception, Nicks played and Levine got on stage and sang with her. The blushing bride sang too, crooning "Bright Eyes" for him. When they first met, Prinsloo told him that it was a song she wanted to sing if ever she got married. "So it was kind of a bet between them," a source said. "He introduced her and she sang it. She had a beautiful voice."
Following their wedding festivities, the couple are set to travel to South Africa for their honeymoon.
The 20-year-old son of rock star John Mellencamp faces an underage drinking charge while awaiting resolution of charges that he and his brother seriously injured a man in a fight, The Associated press reports.
Monroe County court records show Hud Mellencamp of Bloomington, Ind., was charged July 10 with a misdemeanor count of illegal alcohol consumption. Details about the case weren’t immediately available.
Defense attorney Jennifer Lukemeyer did not immediately return a message from The Associated Press seeking comment Monday on the new charge and the request from prosecutors that Mellencamp’s bond be revoked from his 2013 arrest.
In that case, Hud Mellencamp and his younger brother, Speck, face felony battery charges that they punched and kicked a 19-year-old man who they believed had hit Speck Mellencamp earlier that night.
John Mellencamp lives near Bloomington.
Court documents show Philip Seymour Hoffman rejected his accountant’s suggestion that he set aside money for his three children because he didn’t want them to be “trust fund” kids, the AP reports.
The New York Post says the children’s court-appointed lawyer recently interviewed the actor’s accountant, David Friedman.
In a filing made Friday in Manhattan Surrogate Court, Friedman recalled conversations with Hoffman where the topic of a trust for his children was raised. He said Hoffman wanted his estimated $35 million fortune to go his longtime partner and the children’s mother, Mimi O’Donnell.
According to the filing, Friedman said Hoffman treated O’Donnell “in the same manner as if she were a spouse.”
The court-appointed attorney says the actor’s will should be approved by the court because there isn’t anything suspicious about it.
After video footage of a female fan grabbing Tim McGraw’s pant leg at his Atlanta show on July 13 – and him slapping back in response – made headlines last week, the singer is speaking out and sharing his side of the story, People reports.
"Sometimes things can lose context and perspective. I reacted in an instinctive, defensive way from my perspective of what was going on," McGraw tells ET Canada. “I think it was an unfortunate situation, I think all the way around."
"But it happened, it happened in a split second, it was pure instinctive reaction, I think you just got to move on," he says. "It is one of those things that happen, nobody feels good about it, but there's nothing that could be done about it. You are in that position, you are out there, you are vulnerable, things happen and sometimes you react. There's nothing to be said about it."
Last year Sam Smith says he was a spectator at the iTunes Festival. This year, his view will be much improved — he’ll be onstage, the AP reports.
The soulful newcomer is among those set to perform at the eighth annual event, held every night in September at The Roundhouse in London. Other acts announced Monday include Pharrell Williams, Maroon 5, Calvin Harris, David Guetta, Robert Plant, Blondie and Chrissie Hynde.
The iTunes festival is free for contest winners, and people worldwide can watch live or on demand via various Apple devices and iTunes. Past performers include Adele, Kanye West, Elton John, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Paul McCartney.
Earlier this year, the iTunes Festival branched out to the United States for the first time with concerts in Austin, Texas, during the South by Southwest music festival.
Backstreet’s back – just not in Israel.
Following an escalation of violence in Israel, the Backstreet Boys are pulling out of three scheduled concerts ”due to the security situation,“ the group announced on its website Sunday, People reports.
“Our dear BSB fans, We are very sorry to inform you that the BSB concerts planned for July 29-30-31 at the Raanana Amphitheater have been postponed,” the boy band's statement reads. "This is a major disappointment for the band and fans as this was to be our first visit to Israel and we looked forward to meeting our fans. We're already working with the producers on new dates during Spring 2015 and will notify everyone about this as soon as possible. Sending lots of love to everyone."
The Backstreet Boys – Howie Dorough, A.J. McLean, Kevin Richardson, Brian Littrell and Nick Carter – aren't the first American act to drop out due to the violence in the Middle East. Folk rock band America, as well as jazz musicians Chick Corea and Stanley Clarke, recently pulled out of scheduled appearances.
Other artists, including Lady Gaga, Lana Del Rey, CeeLo Green and Tony Bennett, are still scheduled to perform in Israel in the coming months.
To report inappropriate comments, abuse and/or repeat offenders, please send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org and include a link to the article and a copy of the comment. Your report will be reviewed in a timely manner.