Ailing radio personality Casey Kasem was taken by ambulance to a medical facility in Washington state after an argument between his wife and daughter, The Associated Press reports.
Kasem, 82, and his wife, Jean, were staying with friends near Seattle when authorities responded Sunday to a 911 call and found Jean and Kerri Kasem arguing, said Deputy Scott Wilson, public affairs officer for the Kitsap County sheriff’s office.
A doctor was present when Casey Kasem was removed from the home, said Wilson, who did not know where Kasem was taken.
The episode marked the latest twist in the ongoing dispute between Jean Kasem and her stepdaughter, who has said in legal filings that her father suffers from a form of dementia.
In the latest – and by far most bizarre – episode during a long family battle, Kasem's wife, Jean, threw a pound of hamburger meat at Kerri Kasem, his daughter from his first marriage, NBC News reports.
Kerri Kasem arrived with an ambulance at the home where her father is staying on Sunday, but paramedics were not allowed inside. After the authorities were called and arrived at the house, Jean Kasem, 59, threw the meat, NBC reports.
"In the name of King David, I threw a piece of raw meat into the street in exchange for my husband to the wild rabid dogs," Jean Kasem said, according to NBC.
Kerri Kasem accompanied her father when the ambulance took him to receive care, said Danny Deraney, her spokesman. His condition could not be determined.
Kerri Kasem said in court Friday that her father is suffering from bedsores and lung and bladder infections. A Kitsap County judge ruled that she could have a doctor of her choosing examine her father.
A message left for Jean Kasem’s representative wasn’t immediately returned.
The ex-journalist who was arrested after jostling with Brad Pitt at a film premiere last week said Monday he was merely trying to give the actor a hug and didn’t mean him any harm, The Associated Press reports.
Vitalii Sediuk, a former Ukrainian television reporter, told the AP in an interview that he was in a fan area of the event that was open to the public when he went in to give the actor a hug. Sediuk, 25, has gained a reputation for outlandish pranks on red carpets in Moscow, Los Angeles and, last month, at the Cannes Film Festival when he crawled underneath America Ferrera’s dress at a film premiere.
His contact with Pitt, which caused the actor to lose balance while he was signing autographs at the “Maleficent” film premiere on Wednesday, led to Sediuk’s arrest. He spent two days in jail before pleading no contest to battery and unlawful activity at a sporting or entertainment event and was sentenced Friday to three years of probation and a year’s worth of psychiatric counseling.
“I’m a normal guy,” Sediuk said. “I’m not crazy.”
The 6-foot-2 native of Boryspil, Ukraine, said he initially wasn’t near the front of the fan area where Pitt was signing autographs last week but saw paparazzi leave one area and headed for it. He said he stood on a metal railing and reached over to give Pitt a hug, toppling onto the carpet area as security grabbed him.
Sediuk, who has hugged the crotches of Bradley Cooper and Leonardo Di Caprio and crashed the 2013 Grammy Awards, said the primary purpose for his pranks is entertainment. “I’m doing this for fun,” he said.
Sediuk said he wouldn’t give up pranks but knew that his days of getting close to celebrities in Hollywood were at an end. Any future stunts would be done legally, he said, and “in a polite way.”
He also said he wants to clear his name and not be known as the man who attacked Brad Pitt.
“I never hit, I never punched, I never slapped Brad Pitt in the face,” he said. “This is absolutely false information.”
He said his antics should lead stars and event organizers to reconsider their security procedures.
“Don’t get offended at me. Don’t get mad at me. And just to be thankful that I show it’s easy to get access to you and maybe you have to tighten security,” Sediuk said. He said celebrities should be cautious when talking to fans. “Obviously, I don’t want to say, ‘Don’t talk to fans.‘ But [be] cautious.”
While Miley Cyrus was away, two burglars decided to play.
According the the Los Angeles Police Department, a male and female perpetrator scaled a fence to break into the “Wrecking Ball” singer's North Hollywood home around 4 p.m. on Friday and stole an unspecified amount of jewelry, plus her 2014 Maserati Quattroporte, which is valued somewhere between $100,000 and $140,000, Reuters’ TheWrap.com reports.
An LAPD spokesman told TheWrap that there is no additional information available, and no suspects are in custody.
Cyrus is touring Europe with her “Bangerz” act. She will resume her tour in the United States on Aug. 1 when she kicks off a string of concert dates that were rescheduled earlier this spring after she was admitted to the hospital due to an allergic reaction to medication.
Cyrus’ home was robbed last November, as well. The thieves were never caught, and the case is still open for investigation.
On Friday, Cyrus tweeted that she was “homesick” but seemed more concerned about her dog than her car.
Jason Ritter is coming to Brooklyn, at least HBO's version of Brooklyn.
The actor will guest-star on the upcoming fourth season of "Girls,” a HBO representative told TheWrap.
HBO is staying quiet about the details of Ritter's role, although TV Line reports that he will play a character named Scott and will appear on the sixth episode of season four.
Ritter most recently appeared in a recurring role as Mark on NBC's “Parenthood.” His other TV credits include “Joan of Arcadia,” “The Class,” “Gravity Falls” and “The Event.”
His film credits include “I Am I,” “Good Dick,” “The Big Ask, “Happy Endings” and “Freddy Vs. Jason.”
“Community” star Gillian Jacobs is also set to guest-star on season four. In January, HBO renewed “Girls” for a fourth season, which will being airing in 2015.