Beyonce's sister apparently attacked Jay Z in an elevator at a Met Gala afterparty, according to footage obtained by TMZ, People reports.
The surveillance video appears to show R&B singer Solange yelling at the rapper before wildly hitting and kicking him as a man who seems to be a security guard tries to restrain her. At one point, Beyonce, 32, steps in to stand between her husband and sister.
Beyonce, Jay Z and Solange all attended the ball May 5 before heading to The Standard hotel in New York. The Knowles sisters didn't show any signs of strife at the gala, posing for an Instagram photo along with Sarah Paulson and Lupita Nyong'o.
Just a few weeks earlier, the three recording artists also spent time together at Coachella, and Solange even brought Beyonce on stage during her set for a surprise dance performance.
The Standard Hotel in New York City says it is investigating the leak of a security video that appears to show Solange attacking Jay Z.
Asked about the video on Monday by the Associated Press, the hotel issued a statement saying it is “shocked and disappointed that there was a clear breach of our security system.”
TMZ posted the video and said it was shot last week inside a Standard Hotel elevator. There is no audio.
The hotel says the leaked video violates the confidentiality it provides customers. It says it “will discipline and prosecute the individuals involved to our fullest capacity.”
Representatives for Beyonce, Jay Z and Solange didn’t immediately comment.
A newly drafted NFL player kissing his significant other after getting the good news has never stirred up so much controversy, E! News reports.
And here's hoping it never will again. But in the meantime, not everyone in the sporting world was ready, apparently, to see ESPN's coverage of Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend after finding out that he had been drafted by the St. Louis Rams.
Miami Dolphins safety Don Jones was fined and temporarily excused from team activities after tweeting "omg" and then, when asked whether his post had to do with the kiss, responded with "horrible."
"We were disappointed to read Don's tweets during the NFL Draft," read a statement issued by the Dolphins. "They were inappropriate and unacceptable, and we regret the negative impact these comments had on such an important weekend for the NFL.
"We met with Don today about respect, discrimination and judgment. These comments are not consistent with the values and standards of our program. We will continue to emphasize and educate our players that these statements will not be tolerated."
Jones seemed to get the message loud and clear, issuing a public apology to Sam for his "inappropriate comments."
"I take full responsibility for them, and I regret that these tweets took away from his draft moment," said the 23-year-old safety, who just capped off his rookie season with the Dolphins. "I remember last year when I was drafted in the seventh round and all of the emotions and happiness I felt when I received the call that gave me an opportunity to play for an NFL team, and I wish him all the best in his NFL career. I sincerely apologize to [Dolphins owner Stephen Ross], my teammates, coaches, staff and fans for these tweets. I am committed to represent the values of the Miami Dolphins organization and appreciate the opportunity I have been given to do so going forward."
Retired NFL running back Derrick Ward, however, defended his right to say what he wanted about ESPN showing the kiss after he received death threats for his comments.
"Gotta love America," the former New York Giant tweeted Sunday night. "Home of the greatest [expletive] talkers on earth. The past 24hrs I've been accused of being prejudice a bigot Had a few people Say they wanted to kill me and my kids. I was the worst player in the NFL. They hope I die. And my kids killed. All because I said I didn't Think it was appropriate for someone to shove cake down another persons face then tongue them down on national tv.
"Not once saying anything About the persons sexual preference. But. That's America for u. All I can do is smile and say thank u for seeing things that aren't there!"
Ward tweeted Saturday after the kiss aired: "Man U got little kids lookin at the draft. I can't believe ESPN even allowed that to happen...Everyone who comments on my page saying what dude did was fine is getting blocked," Ward tweeted. "So far I've blocked 10 people."
And putting "your tongue into the other person's mouth is a little overboard," he added. "But people seen that as oh i'm bashing him because he's gay. Who cares!!!"
So long, Stephen Colbert.
Now that the comedian has been tapped as David Letterman's replacement for CBS's “Late Night,” Comedy Central has announced that Larry Wilmore will take over the highly coveted post-“Daily Show” time slot with a brand new series, E! News reports.
The Emmy award-winning writer will be the host of “The Minority Report With Larry Wilmore,” a series Comedy Central describes as "a comedic look at news, current events and pop culture from unique perspectives not typically on display in late night television."
Keeper of all the Emmys, Jon Stewart created “The Minority Report” and will serve as executive producer alongside Wilmore.
Wilmore expressed his excitement for the new series in a statement Friday saying, "I'm beyond excited to have this chance to continue my relationships with Comedy Central and the brilliant Jon Stewart. I love the city of New York and promise to only wear my Laker T-shirts when I'm layering."
To which Stewart cheekily added, "While Larry Wilmore is a brilliant comic and showrunner, this is all just a complicated ruse to get him to move to New York and turn him into a Knicks fan."
Currently "Senior Black Correspondent" on "The Best [expletive] News Team Ever!," Wilmore joined “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart” in 2006 after an award-winning career in television writing and producing in the early ’90s.
“The Minority Report with Larry Wilmore” will premiere in January on Comedy Central.
School massacres apparently will be fodder for humor in a new NBC prime-time fall series, The AP reports.
During NBC’s schedule preview to advertisers on Monday, the network ran a clip of “The Mysteries of Laura,” a new series that begins this fall starring Debra Messing. Messing plays a homicide detective, and one scene shows her recoiling after rushing into a schoolroom where the walls and windows are smeared in bright red.
She says: “This is a depraved, unspeakable act.”
Then comes the scene’s punch line: her character’s two children, also covered in red, had gotten a little wild with paint during an art project.
Ann Curry has reported from the most dangerous places on earth, but when she broke her leg during a recent hike, it was a troop of New Jersey Boy Scouts that came to her rescue, the AP reports.
Curry was hiking with her family on Bear Mountain in New York’s Harriman State Park on April 5, when she broke a leg.
Members of Troop 368 from Berkeley Heights, N.J., stopped to help the injured NBC News correspondent, creating a splint for her ankle and fashioning a stretcher from logs and a tarp. They then carried her down the mountain.
Curry sent the troop a letter praising their actions and thanking them for their skills and professionalism.
Troop leaders say most of the scouts didn’t know they had rescued someone famous.