LOS ANGELES -- An attorney for Cee Lo Green said Monday her client was "pleased" Los Angeles prosecutors had declined to file a rape charge in what she called "consensual" relations between the singer and a 33-year-old woman last year.
But attorney Blair Berk said Green, whose real name is Thomas DeCarlo Callaway, had no comment on the drug charge he faces in connection with the July 2012 incident.
The Los Angeles County district attorney's office announced Monday that although it would not file the sex assault charges because of insufficient evidence, the singer had been charged with one felony count of providing ecstasy to the woman.
"Cee Lo had faith that if true facts were known, the district attorney would reject those charges," Ms. Berk said of the sex assault case. "As it relates to the one charge of furnishing or sharing ecstasy, Mr. Green will responsibly address that matter in a court of law but not comment on it further out of respect for the process."
The Los Angeles Police Department launched an investigation into Green almost a year ago after the woman claimed he put the drug "Molly" in her drink as they dined at a downtown L.A. restaurant.
The woman claimed she woke up to find herself naked in the 39-year-old singer's bed.
But after two investigations, prosecutors declined to file sex-related charges against Green, citing insufficient evidence. Green has previously denied any wrongdoing.
"We are pleased that the Los Angeles County district attorney has completed its investigation and concluded that the evidence did not support the false and unfounded claim made over a year ago," Ms. Berk said Monday.
"Mr. Green encouraged a full and complete investigation of those claims, and he was confident once conducted, he would be cleared of having any wrongful intent and it would be established that any relations were consensual," she added.
If convicted, he faces up to four years in state prison, prosecutors said.
Green appeared briefly in court Monday afternoon wearing all black with metal-rimmed glasses for his arraignment on the drug charge.
TMZ reported Monday that Green's job on "The Voice" is rock solid, and his legal troubles will not cost him his judge's chair on the hit show.
"Voice" executive producer Mark Burnett said there are no plans to make any changes this season -- adding, "CeeLo will not be fired."